Godfrey Phillips India has two blending and packing units for tea operations, the Bazpur unit in Uttarakhand being one of them. This unit caters to the majority of our domestic tea requirements - for northern, central and western India, and parts of Bihar and Jharkhand.
A totally automated operation, utmost care is given to food safety and hygiene here, and in entire process flow, the product, tea, remains untouched by hand, since it is processed and packed on automatic machines.
The Bazpur unit is registered with FSSAI as an independent FBO (Food Business Operator) and is certified ISO 22000 :2005 for its food safety management system.
KOLKATA, WEST BENGAL
Our Kolkata unit for tea operations is one of Godfrey Phillips India's two blending and packing units. It focuses on the needs of all our exports of tea, apart from meeting the requirement for tea in the states of Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand and all of southern India.
Like in Bazpur, here too utmost attention is given to food safety and hygiene and the tea is processed and packed on automatic machines and remains untouched by hand.
The Kolkata unit is also registered with FSSAI as an independent FBO (Food Business Operator) and is certified ISO 22000:2005 for its food safety management system.
- Gudlhar Factory won the Gold Award in the prestigious FICCI Quality Systems Excellence Award for Industry 2016 ( Large Category)
- The Guldhar Factory won the Gold Award at NAMC by IRIM in 2015-16
- Guldhar Factory also won the Greentech Safety Platinum Award for the past two consecutive years along with the Gold Award for the Greentech Environment Award 2016
- Guldhar Factory once again won second prize in Excellence in Suggestion Scheme Contest 2016 by INSAAN
- Ghaziabad Chewing Factory received the Gold Award for Quality Excellence in Fame India Excellence Award 2016
- Rabale Factory won Gold Award at the Annual Greentech Environment Award and the Greentech Safety Award of 2016.
- Rabale Factory won First Prize in Excellence in Suggestion Scheme Contest 2016 by INSSAN.
- Rabale Factory has been awarded with the Greentech Environment Gold Award 2015
- Rabale also won the Silver Award at the prestigious IRIM Global Manufacturing Competitiveness in 2015
- Rabale Factory won the Gold Award at the Greentech Safety Awards, 2014
- Guldhar Factory has won the Gold Award at Greentech Safety Awards four years in a row - in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- The prestigious FICCI Quality Excellence Gold Award for Manufacturing in the year 2014 was won by Guldhar Factory
- The Greentech Foundation Gold Award in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, followed by the Platinum Award in 2014, for Outstanding Achievement in Environment Management was awarded to Guldhar Factory. These are the most coveted awards in the corporate world for outstanding achievements in the field of Environment Management
- The Indian National Suggestion Scheme Association (INSSAN) awards was won by our manufacturing facility for a record 15 consecutive years for best suggestions/ideas during the various conventions held on different topics and places
- The Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Product Innovation, 2007 was won by Four Square brand
- The Golden Peacock Award for the Best Product Innovation in the year 2003 was won by Tipper brand, and we won again in 2006 for Innovative Product and Service. Tipper has also won the Silver medal at the Monde Selection Brussels, World Selection of Quality, 2006
- The coveted PFFCA (Paper, Film & Foil Converters Association) Star Award was won by our premium King Size cigarette Jaisalmer for the pack design and was felicitated for its excellence in design, development and packaging creativity
- The Golden Peacock award for Innovative Packaging was also won by our North Pole brand in 2005