It takes excellence in many areas to stay ahead in a competitive marketplace. At Godfrey Phillips India, we’re proud of our manufacturing facilities equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, fine R&D, the top certifications and the best practices we follow – TQM, Haichi-Ban, 5S, Kaizen Teian and others.
As a work culture we believe in an environment that promotes innovation, participation and teamwork. We have a strong focus on talent management, competency development, training the sales force and the commitment to impart education to channel partners. But what truly sets us apart is our Distribution strength, our ‘speed-to-market’.
Godfrey Phillips has multi-product and multi-channel distribution capabilities and one of the largest networks in India. Our distribution width and penetration is amongst the best in the country, reaching right down to the grassroots level in rural India.
The capability to leverage this network has been a major factor in the successes of our products and new launches.
- Access to 800,000 General Trade retailers (Grocery, Convenience, Beauty) across India
- Serving more than 2,000 Modern Trade outlets – Hypermarts, Supermarts, Cash & Carry outlets like Walmart, Carrefour, Metro
- All major chains like Big Bazaar, Reliance Retail, Tesco, EasyDay and Spencer’s included
- Strong food category driven distribution infrastructure in place thanks to Tea City
- Our brands are sold in more than 30 Duty Free Shops in international airports across India
- 800 exclusive Distributors
- 9,000 exclusive Sales Executives for Cigarettes, Confectionery and Cosmetics
- Access to Government Institutions like the Railways, the Army and the Public Distribution System (PDS) for supplies
- Global presence with marketing in over 60 countries for cigarettes, and over 30 countries for tea